14 June 2010

This is how we ALWAYS roll....



Milo's swimming lesson went well today - he did what he was told, and he seemed to enjoy it. Following the lesson, the older girls took my little ones as well as those of some of my friends for a little spin in the pool. It wasn't too crowded - black clouds looming apparently kept people away....

As you all know... I do complain about my life in a vacuum and have been a little freaked lately that I do not see anyone AT ALL. I mean - I do - but can only manage smalltalk before wild ones drag me away to a day lived with kids and no adults (I think I may drive my friend and neighbor a bit crazy with my constant chatter.... she has a baby who still naps and a child still in school, so.... I'm the last person she needs chatting her up all the time - thanks M ;-) - love all the sideyard chats about anything from food to Tina Fey to religion :-). Anyway - so nice to see some of you today. We share school, interests, activities, etc., and I feel like I don't TALK to you all at all. So .. this morning was nice (aside from my 2 year old and 5 year old raging at me for the baby pool not being open).

Oh - AND aside from the snack bar tantrums, the constant "I wanna go home" and Milo running naked poolside because he didn't want to change in the locker room, I REALLY did have a fun morning. Oh - and the "I want chicken" - "I don't like that chicken" debate - OR how 'bout the "I'm too cold; I want to go in the pool." - "I'm too cold; I want out of the pool" dichotomy? Needless to say, we did leave earlier than planned, but.... love, love, love the fact that I go to hang with pals a bit.

Tomorrow - I will try Enzo in the summer tennis league (he was a little burned out on his school instruction) - Milo will return for swimming lessons - Olivia for swim team (and, yes, O, I will get your new team suit, goggles and swim cap). Lil will hang with me and drink cold bevies and paddle the baby pool (she likes to collect all the rubber duckies).

Oh - and made my own bbq sauce tonight - ketchup, tomato paste, worchestershire sauce (that is soooo spelled wrong, isn't it?), soy sauce, cider vinegar, dijon mustard, garlic, chili pepper, brown sugar, lemon.... simmered it for half an hour or more and put it on chicken for a low fat, hearty dinner that everyone loved. High five to me...

Have become obsessed with Last Comic Standing... makes me laugh (and I like that one guy - Daryl from the office...... Craig Robinson?). Anyway - tonight - 8 pm - ish - ????

Photos: Me and Milo in what I like to call our "album cover" photo - and.... as I looked out the window of the boys room tonight, I saw bathing suits and towels on the deck railing - a water table with toys scattered about - bikes, etc. A few months ago, we were all snow, snow, snow (the hemlock out the window looked like a giant all snow covered!).

3 comments:

Kim said...

So glad you had some adult conversation at the pool today. Will have to save your BBQ sauce recipe. Impressed! :) I hate when I run out of the store bought and I usually have all those ingredients on hand. Don't ask me how to spell the Wor sauce...since I started staying home, I can't spell anything!

Sherri said...

It's all in the simmer. The ingredients sound kinda odd together, don't they? But... simmah...... 30 minutes or more (but watch that it doesn't reduce too much).

AngryBaker said...

Trust me, we're all looking for adult time, even if it is just a sideyard chat laced with yells to talk politely and take turns. I love having someone to talk to during the day and someone who doesn't just like to talk about kids:)