22 June 2010

A few quick updates.

Now that I've joined the living again....

OK - another mess. A general summoned by the President for comments in Rolling Stone. Ouch.

I love the 365 degrees brand by Whole Foods. Two favorites this week - the lime frozen fruit bars (just shared one with Lil) - and the organic creamy tomato basil soup (one serving 3.5 grams of fat - not bad but go easy... easy to "over-serve" yourself soup).

Two favorite kid distractions of the week - Yo Gabba Gabba on Nick Jr. (has good music - and lots o' dancing ;-) - and MarioKart for Wii (totally working to get everyone on the same page for the play date this afternoon - Enzo, Milo and little pal from school - all preschool or kindergartners). These are probably good examples of my "less than stellar" parenting tips - since they are totally tv-focused.

Toys R Us has a 20% off sale on all Little Tykes stuff - outdoor, furniture, toys, etc. Go to the site for the coupon. I'm hunting a sandbox (I know many of you say don't do it, but... my kids are diggers - I have to, I think).

And, by the way, has anyone seen the new boot looks for fall? Usually, they begin to surface this time of year, and I've got some birthday cash I want to spend (and I'm a flip flop or barefoot girl all summer anyway). I did see that Nordstrom is having an UGG trunk show for fall 2010, which will make my daughter and all her pals happy (though I do possess some UGGs myself). That's all I've got thus far...

Water table, cookie baking and writing sample organization are now calling me. Au revoir and have a nice day :-).

2 comments:

AngryBaker said...

I've noticed that boots are becoming more year round, which I love. Lately I've been haunting NYC street fashion sites and have seen lots of booties, open toe boots, etc. paired with short skirts or shorts. I can't wait for fall. I never know what to wear in the summer....

Sherri said...

I saw those... the open-toed.... though have not seen a debut for such items anywhere around here..... saw like a sandal / boot strappy hybrid too that was quite cool..... Puhleeezz - you always know how to dress ;-).