29 June 2010

Images of Summer








We're busy, but we're having a lot of fun. Olivia hits swim team daily then plays cards, snacks, swims or plays tennis with her friends all morning and into the afternoon. They shop the Waterfront, go out to lunch, get their nails done, and, of course, attend "boot camp" to prepare for fall sports. She goes to the gym with us, watches movies in the evenings and actually helps with errands (Target is a favorite because then we can pick up t-shirts, shorts, bathing suit tops, etc. :-).

Odd today.... Enzo off to camp with friend, Harry, and Milo off to gym camp (water day ;-) with beloved pal, Finley. I did the camp drop-off yesterday... loaded everyone up and made the rounds (felt so bad - poor Lil wanted to go too, but... ended up in childcare at the gym with me where she cried, so... we sat at the coffeeshop later in front of a breezy window and she ate some chocolates. Of course, that made her feel better. Just the feel of her tiny, soft hand in mine as we walked back to our car, was so sweet and something I'll miss when she's bigger). Today, however, I dressed Enzo in his madras shorts and tie dye shirt, handed him his lunchbox and off he went. I dressed Milo in his Hawaiian print bathing suit, packed his "Milo back pack" with a towel, sunscreen and a change of clothes and off he went too (which is odd - as I've said before, I HAVE to do mommy and me classes with him at Gymkhana because he won't go in alone, but... with his best buddy, Fin, he goes without incident. Need to shamelessly plug his back pack here too - Pottery Barn Kids - mini back pack - got he and Enzo each one years ago to take on airplanes for family trips or on long car excursions - can load them up with all sorts of stuff - books, toys, clothes, etc. In fact, they both use them for school. They are smaller than the huge back packs you see high schoolers carrying, but... they accommodate lower grade folders, books, art projects, etc. plus they don't kill the little one's backs. I highly recommend them. Often, end of summer, they go on sale).

So... here we are.... rumpled pjs, unmade beds, Noggin cartoons, coffee and the ever-present smell of burnt toast. Me and Lil (who is talking to her Kai-lan and Rintu dolls right now). What to do?

While I'm thinking, here's a tidbit on a vegan cupcake maker who, apparently, makes delicious cupcakes - will turn you naysayers into believers.... Worth a look....

And... some good retro concert t-shirts here (looking for more authentic Police, Ramones, U2, etc. - told you I've been feeling sentimental lately - end of schoolyear ALWAYS does that to me - plus, as you all know, I am HYPER sensitive ;-)...

And, finally, I love Land of Nod (and why not? - I think they have been acquired by Crate and Barrel, and I love them), and they are having a sale! Check it out.

Photos: As promised.... images of summer... some anyway (and, for the record, Milo asked for a haircut yesterday, so I gave him one - since he is "anti-barber"... he looks like a different kid ;-)!

1 comment:

AngryBaker said...

I also love Land of Nod. I'm always tempted to buy the prints of their catalog covers. Glad you put that in about his backpack b/c I was looking at it today and thinking it was the perfect size....