02 October 2010

Homecoming ....



Shimmery dress - long, curled hair - heels with a little glitter.....

And so the excitement of the night begins for Olivia and her friends who are going to the Woodland Hills Homecoming Dance.

Photos from my beloved iPhone just a few hours ago :-).

So much happiness in this world and, yet, tonight, I find myself thinking of a valued member of our community - a prominent figure in my kids' world,who was killed in a kayaking accident last night. Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. The community has lost an interesting, unique soul who was far too young to go. I know my Enzo will feel his absence. In this vein, please cherish those close to you this beautiful weekend and think, as I've asked so many times, of people who are experiencing pain and loss.

Enzo has his movie birthday party tomorrow, so.... excitement still remains the prevalent vibe in this house. Nothing like the power of a 6 year old and his happiness and light :-) - not to mention his big sis, Olivia, and the whirlwind of excitement and laughter she left behind (with a slight hint of nail polish ;-).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I hope she had a good experience at the dance. I'm enjoying reading your thoughts, as one who is contemplating a future that will probably include babies in the next year and a half or so . . .