22 October 2010

A good day.














A couple of weeks ago, we were winding down after school with a snack and a movie(Enzo, for some reason, had chosen Julie and Julia - he likes cooking shows :-). As we were watching Julie (Amy Adams) pan toast some luscious looking buttery bread and chop and mix some fresh looking tomatoes and herbs in the movie, Enzo decided he wanted to make that bruschetta - that "bread and potatoes", as he said. Of course, that meant Milo and Lil were on board, and... even Olivia had once mentioned that the food in that segment looked good to her - though she wanted to try a recipe with peppers; therefore, I decided to do both.

I, of course, did all the chopping (peppers, tomatoes, onions), but... I had my little ones pick and tear basil for me - I had them pour our oil, vinegar and herb mixture over the top (we were improvising) of the veggies - I had them mix. Then ..... we all ate, and it was yummy (Olivia was served a special platter while doing homework in her room). Such a good afternoon.

Anyone have a good day lately? A project they did with the kiddos?

3 comments:

Sue said...

I will eat brushetta with a fork! Your recipe sounds tasty and, better yet, a cool family activity -making something together. Last week ours was to gather up wood from the beach and have a spectacular bonfire...really nice.

Anonymous said...

What a fun activity for the kids! I think it's pretty awesome that the movie inspired them to try something new and that you responded quickly and made it with them! Fun.

Sherri said...

Jealous of beach bonfires .....