12 October 2010

Favorite things...








I am pressed for time today - need to spend some quality play time with Milo and Lil - need to put away piles of laundry - need to clean the kitchen AGAIN (that dishwasher... is it EVER empty? and that floor - that nasty, nasty 1990's linoleum floor that is never clean...) - need to get dinner in order so that I can attend Olivia's field hockey game tonight - need to sneak in a workout, pick up Enzo, take out the garbage, clean the yard up a bit, continue putting away and cleaning summer toys, organize more school paperwork, touch base with my freelance contact, get our kid costume party invitations out (Lil's b-day... sorta) and try to enjoy some of this gorgeous day!

Pictured / featured items today (in no particular order): My Illy coffee (I could write a sonnet or an "Ode to Illy" on how much I love this product) - my orange and black "Halloween scarf" (and it is so old that I have photos of me wearing it when Olivia was a toddler - when I was hangin' with college friends on a girls weekend years ago... it is timeless / ageless and.... oddly still in one piece and not faded - soft, familiar, big and drapey - I love it!) - my Neutrogena spot acne cream (yeah - mine has been worse in my 30's and beyond - forget those teenage years) - my "Orange Sapphire" (stop laughing - I know the name is cheesey) body spray from Bath and Body Works that Olivia put in a big gift bag for me back on my birthday just as a little extra AND.... we both love it (that's right, O - I know you steal it ;-), use it all the time - my hubby's Burberry after shave / splash (I am not a huge cologne / after shave fan, but.... this smells really good. My Dad was always a Burberry guy too..... when he would wake me in the mornings for school, my room would smell like that or his Bay Leaf herbal stuff. Now... I think of this scent when I picture coffee with hubby - when he heads off to a meeting in the morning - when he has kissed the kids and they smell like him) - Trick or treat bags (they're out - it's time!) - and my kids' artwork (which I am going to do a post on very soon - have been rummaging and organizing and I am so proud :-) - Drinking chocolate (all fall and winter long!!!) - And ... my old worn, comfy motorcycle-ish boots that I bought when I was pregnant with Milo because I needed something easy, hip and functional, chasing toddler, Enzo, hanging with active grade schooler, Olivia, and expecting wild boy, Milo ;-).

Do you guys have fave things you want to share? I know ya do....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must have the exact same linoleum floor you do! I swear it gets dirty the moment anyone sets foot on it.
And yes, I do have a new favorite product--Redken's "Fresh Curls" cream thingy. I don't have curly hair, but it gives a gloss and a lift that are amazing. I just bought it yesterday after having tried some of my friend's, and I am addicted already. It's a little pricey ($17) but so much better than some cheapo stuff I've been using.