09 October 2010

A bunch o' stuff.....

Today is what would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday..... a lot of celebrations going on all over the world to celebrate. So sad, all these years later, that he is gone. I remember the night it happened. I was young, but... a serious dancer who often had class until very late. On this night, I had showered, put on my candy cane striped PJs with feet and got into bed. I had my radio on and heard that John Lennon had been shot. I knew my Mom liked him and the Beatles, so I kept listening.... And... minutes later, they reported that he died. My Mom came into my room to make sure that I was going to bed (so late on a school night), and she told me again what happened. She was shocked.

And... I don't want to be morose and sad today, but when it's time to remember people. it's time to remember them. Here is the eulogy for Carl Schneider - delivered by a kayaking buddy. It is lovely - definitely worth a read. Many a tear shed for Signore Schneider this past week... now the long recovery begins.

Beautiful day - jealous of the neighbors who went pumpkin picking (you know who you are :-) - happy that I got to see Olivia play a fierce field hockey game and then have dinner with all my lovelies right after - grateful that Enzo won his soccer game this morning and that it seems to mean something to him now to play hard, to feel good about a sport - happy to see Milo coming into his own with playmates, activities and sports - love, love, love heading out each Sat morning to ballet class again, albeit my Lil's :-).

Have a great long weekend, all. Do you have plans? We have a spaghetti potluck dinner with new friends from kindergarten tomorrow (I am bringing fruit salad :-) - am trying to entice friends and neighbors into another autumn potluck, s'mores by the fire kinda evening - may try to take in a movie with hubby - definitely going to workout.... Should be good :-). Enjoy it all, guys AND.... keep me posted on plans - love to hear what everyone is up to!

3 comments:

Chris Pollock said...

Sherri - thanks for posting the link to the eulogy..it made me tear up. I've passed it along to a friend who taught Carl at Pitt -she has a small baby and was uable to make the viewing/service.

AngryBaker said...

I'm waiting for my neighbor to plan a fab costume party that my family can enjoy...

Oh wait...

Sherri said...

AB - I'm gonna do it.... I'm moving forward with the costume party... going to brave the fact that the weather might not cooperate....

Chris - Nice, heartfelt eulogy. Just still in shock over it all... I'm sure everyone is....