08 July 2010

While I have a second...

Gotta be quick today.... Milo has his appointment in Nephrology at Children's today (love them) - might take friends to the pool - boot camp AND swim meet tonight - trying to sneak in breakfast out and a workout....

Anyway - saw hubby reading this article on urban farming this am. Definitely worth a look / read - even an actual search for the books - possibly a bookmark of the blog they suggest...

Still not surprised or delighted or unhappy or whatever regarding this season's Top Chef. Did recently learn that a friend knows competitor Chef Kelly Liken well (she has a restaurant in Vail, which is all good :-), so... am kinda pulling for her. Kenny and Angelo are still strong. I like Tamesha too - young and ready to win. Padma looks good - extra baby weight and all - love how comfortable she is with her new body - of course, she's always gorgeous.

Have been living such a "loosey-goosey" life these days that it was finally nice to sit down as a family and eat dinner last night. I actually got Milo to eat some peanut butter on whole grain crackers with some carrot apple juice, and... everyone else ate the Kung-pao-ish chicken I made - really tasty - used some of the CSA veggies we had still left (actually put broccoli and squash in, which the fam ate :-) - see I READ the Serious Eats blog post on the remains of the CSA basket that I suggested the other day ;-). Hubby and I even had time for some frosty margaritas while watching Top Chef :-). Icy, icy - which was nice during the oppressive evening heat (I feel like I'm living in the south again!).

And since this post has become ALL about food - have you all tried the Nature's Path dark chocolate chip chewy granola bars - chococonut flavor? Well... you should. They are tasty and, surprisingly, not too high in fat or sugar. Available at Whole Foods.

Anyway - quiet remainder of week. Hubby still off. Looks like we do not need to get cousin from DC. Hubby's sisters were going to be there all along anyway, which we just discovered, AND renting a car big enough for he and his wife (they just have to change their return time by a few hours, so... issue resolved - though, for some reason, they were all trying to wiggle out of driving him - poor guy). Our van only holds our clan and one other plus we were making a special trip to do this (and, I snarked on this before - but we were NOT invited to hang with the rest of the group - asked to stay away from dinner - in an odd twist, appears psycho sis has now decided she does not want to see her cousin either for whatever reason - we, however, are looking forward to having them stay with us and to taking them out to dinner - AAAALLLLL good)... Though.... should have prefaced this all with "snark alert" at end ;-). Don't fret - I could set off a bomb - run naked down the street - and my sis and mom in laws wouldn't notice.

Ending on a happy, happy retail note. As you know, I love J.Crew. Sale here (and, yes, I was sucked in by the promise of "new styles" :-).

Have to do a quick update here on a previous rant... I did try to make an appointment with my old PCP (who has blown me off for a few years - maintaining that my OB is doing what needs to be done currently) .... only to be told that I did not need to be seen - had recent bloodwork, had the mammogram script, etc. Call next year. Sorry... I have to say it again... WTF?!?! Maybe I do need "another PCP" as my OB kept saying - maybe there is an issue with this one. I do have a sneaking suspicion, though, that I am becoming the difficult hypochondriac patient who is now "flagged" (like Elaine on Seinfeld years ago). Can't win....

Temps still in the '90s - will be that way for the next few days... Stay cool ;-). I think the heat is making me cranky ;-).

2 comments:

Emily said...

I simply do not get how a PCP's office can say you don't need to be seen. That is totally WTF. Yet weirdly, I have been avoiding making an appointment with mine because I'm not sure this little issue I'm having is significant. However, if I want to be seen, I want to be seen! Geez.

Sherri said...

I know - I had another friend tell me her PCP turned her away from a follow-up, saying she was probably fine - did not need to be seen. I mean... I know I am sort of a hypochondriac, but.... like you said - something is bothering me - probably minor - I WANT TO BE SEEN! No big deal - why you guys are here, right?