10 March 2010

Snow?!?!





Winter storm 2010 images. Seriously... here's what we were doing just a few short weeks ago. My kids are still adjusting to the schoolday after so much time off - I'm looking at some pretty big dirty piles of snow out my window now (though now I see birds picking through potential food on these piles, and I see melty puddles all over the street. Been sayin' it all week...spring?)... It happened - just seems a lifetime ago...

Photo 1 - The sledding / boarding "hill" in our normally flat front yard
Photo 2 - Olivia and friends waist-deep in snow - less than 24 hours after they headed off to ski on snow-free roads
Photo 3 - The view from our porch the morning after...
Photo 4 - Self-portrait outside, midnight-ish, the night the storm swirled

2 comments:

Facie said...

Yesterday I was struck by the scene: My standing in our snow-covered yard with a jacket on. My kid wearing snowpants, but only a vest on top. How can it be 60 degrees with snow on the ground?! Don't remember that ever.

I am glad the snow is melting, but it certainly is not pretty, with all the dirt and muck in the snow.

Sherri said...

I know... what a change!