01 September 2010
1. My new haircut and warm "I don't have bland hair" highlights - came complete with hours of "me time" (I took that highly coveted time to read Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle - ad nauseum) followed by a decadent lunch at Paris 66 with hubby.
2. Coffee (just bought a new DeLonghi espresso maker -reasonably priced so... not a true indulgence at all... just braggin' about my frugality again ;-).
3. Ate two (count them - 2!!!!) 365 degree Whole Foods brand frozen coconut bars right in a row (4 grams of fat each - high five - you could take that either way - I realize....) AND allowed myself 15 min with the neck massager while the kids occupied themselves.
4. Took kiddos to Chick-Fil-A where I allowed myself some tasty strips as well - dipped them in ketchup with my little ones - drank Coke - the whole bit - then sat and read and chatted with another mother while they whooped it up in the play area.
5. The gym - the gym, the gym, the gym!!!! Love it. OH - and.... on the way there... or while there running on treadmill (OK - sometimes I "fast walk" on aforementioned treadmill), listening to bands that I am barely aware of, but... sound tres 80s to me so ignite love at first listen - like Japandroids, Yacht and their cover of X's Nausea, Whitest Boys You Know and the Fred Failke Remix, the Wavves .....
In closing, speaking of music..... Are you looking for something for your kids that you might be able to stand too? Do you want to participate in a good cause? If so, then go here for information on how to do that - my friend and fellow blogger, Angry Baker, can push it much better than I can - complete with requisite urls, etc.
Photos: The haircut, my coffee area and beloved french press, and my new bicep - in profile ;-).
Posted by Sherri at 8:48:00 AM