18 April 2010

So .. yesterday....



... I go to get ready, prepared to pick Olivia and friends up from movie - deposit them at the boys East End lacrosse game held at Central Catholic and then hit Whole Foods myself for ingredients to make a Moroccan chicken recipe that sounded good (sort of a short cut version - I'll share later :-). I'm all zipped up and ready to go - though did notice that my Lil had gone upstairs, as soon as I indicated a car outing, to get her shiny shoes and a couple of purses. I thought nothing of it - though she did seem to want to follow me. So ... I'm ready - winter coat on again since it is FREEZING here - fuzzy UGGS on too, and I tell her good-bye. I get this sweet open-mouthed look - like she was speechless. Her eyes and her mouth kind of turn down at the ends anyway, and she just looked so cute but so disappointed, so I asked, "Do you want to go?" - Baby talk back - "Yeah, I wanna go" (sweet little high-pitched soft voice). Then, I did notice that she had put her little knit purse on over her head, across her body like Mommy and Olivia wear some of their bags - she was holding a very special shiny, lunch pail-ish bag with a strawberry on it, and... her too tight but very shiny patent leather pointy dress-up shoes. She had gotten all dolled up to go out with Mommy and Olivia - one of the girls! Anyway, hubby got some photos of this. Lil (with messy hair - she still won't let me fix it) - and Mommy, looking schlumpy, but.. happy to be going on a "girls outing" (and, for the record, we had to act like we were looking at birds to get her to look at Daddy's camera - hence the odd postures and expressions - she is SO fickle - sometimes a ham - sometimes coy). Later, Lil fell asleep in the car, which was good because she would have cried when she realized that she wasn't going to the lacrosse game with the big girls. When we came out of the store, she did look all over the minivan for them - like - hey, what did you do with my peeps? We have places to go, people to see.....

Quick note: Finally saw The Blind Side last night - good movie - "feel good" type - BUT... the big news is - Olivia watched it WITH us - a nice treat now that she's an aloof middle schooler ;-) - though... today, we are going out to breakfast with our whole wild bunch, and... it irritates her when we go to "the smiley cookie place" and not one of our trendier haunts - oh well - some other time...

LAST note: Top Chef Masters is back on Bravo - I like it better this time around... Worth a watch :-).

No comments: