11 April 2010

A couple of new signs....


.... that it is spring. Our wagon is in the front yard - parked by the porch and filled with little tiny flower petals that flew on the wind the other day as the storm (that never was) blew by ... the riding toys are out on the patio (in fact, we've taken a lot of fun stuff outside - art easels, blocks, toy cars, water squirters - we are READY) ..... hubby and oldest shoveled a big pile of dirt for our garden this morning (I did duty yesterday :-)... my little one wanders in diapers or pjs - too anxious to get outside to get dressed - picking flowers (some of the neighbors wilted tulips lay on our steps - and dandelions, picked by all three little ones, sit in a little Villeroy and Boch vase full of water on the window sill) ... remnants of lunch outside - juice boxes, bits of cheese and fruit - are scattered about the deck ... my neighbor and I got rid of some crazy, out of control poison ivy yesterday, all suited up in gloves, rubber boots and long sleeves ... my tough lacrosse player's cleats lay with the odd mix of rain boots, winter boots, flip flops and Crocs in the front hall ... in the evening, I'm always sure I hear rain, and it is just the wind in the leaves - not used to hearing rustling leaves yet.....

Watching my oldest girlie push my youngest girlie in the tree swing out front right now. All is good ....

No comments: