12 April 2010

Coffee & Stuff


Me to hubby this morning (as he perused our soon to be "hauled away crap from our under-garage storage" - we "know a guy" ;-) with 4 year old Milo): Do you want coffee? I just made some.

Hubby: crickets... silence (he never hears me)

Milo: Oh yes, Mommy, thank you. Will you put some sugar in it for me? This was followed by a brief preschool lesson on how "we need to tell our parents what we want - otherwise, they won't know what we need - that's what my teachers say - we have to say that..."

Uh.... sure? Too funny...

Thoughts and prayers to the people of Poland and the families of all the people lost in that tragic plane crash in Russia.

As an adopted person and a mother, I'm appalled by the story of the woman who abandoned her son, adopted from Russia, on an airplane - 7 years old - I don't care if he did have behavioral problems - you're a parent! Further, the poor boy describes abuse. Another one of those "worth a read in order to stay vigilant" things...

Great time last night at my Olivia's last St. Bede athletic banquet (Coach Daddy very proud too). A little sad - friends scattering to Shadyside Academy, Winchester Thurston, Oakland or Central Catholic and Taylor Allderdice... All great kids - all grown up from when I remember them in kindergarten....

We just dragged the old toddler Little Tikes roller coaster out of storage, so... lots of fun for Milo and Lil this am (a little early and chilly, but... sunny and promising, so....I'll be on the deck, sipping coffee in a battered Harvard sweatshirt and ratty yoga pants, making sure they don't run over each other and / or that they take turns ...).

Enzo off to school with allergy eyes (poor guy) - hopefully, he'll do well in piano today (puffy eyes and all) - he has been practicing, after all :-).

I just noticed hubby walked up the stairs "to take a call" in muddy shoes - all the way to our bedroom (adding that clean-up to "to do" list now :-)....

And... check out the Serious Eats blog (again, see my list) - a little blurb on how to do a salt bake - or bake in a salt crust, rather, which has always looked intriguing to me.

Oh - and the "guy" we know for hauling (and I mean like pieces of heavy retro '60's desk that we never put back together - a heavy sleeper sofa, etc.)? www.chickenbrainhauling.com - and, no, I'm not kidding about the name ... nice guys - very thorough...

Video? Just funny toddler coaster fun. Check it out.... Wheeee!!

Happy spring (and speaking of.... there is some yummy veggie grilling stuff over at Kitchen Witch, another blog I've begun following - see list - do ya like veggies, feta, basil? Then... check it out...)!

2 comments:

TKW said...

That story about the Russian adoption curled my toes! Hideous!

Those are some amazing curls on that child...

Sherri said...

Yeah - awful -though... you know what is surprising? I hear people kinda / sorta "understand" all time if someone has had it with an "adopted" child - you know ... not a "real" son or daughter. Maybe I'm just sensitive to it because I am adopted, but... just a week or so ago, I was talking about an acquaintance who adopted a sweet little Russian boy and a family member asked me, "Well, do you know why he was given away?" - nose turned up and wrinkled, like the whole situation was distasteful in some way. Unbelievable. I don't think I answered :-).