13 April 2010

I really do love the rain.


I always have - LOVE rainy days.

Busy lately... editing project ... fund-raising responsibilities .... school stuff ..... lacrosse season.

A lot of strange stuff in the news - murder - missing children - teenagers committing horrible acts of rage against each other - more..... I mean, we see it all the time, but... lately.... strange, shocking things - like serious crimes being committed over a misunderstanding in a text message - three year olds made to walk tightropes over tigers (and I am NOT kidding with that last one - look at this - child abuse, pure and simple) - that kind of thing (in our good deed for today, let's get familiar with the recently proposed Chelsea's Law, in honor of Chelsea King, the murdered teenager from San Diego, and meant to control child predators / rapists in our community - and.... while reading, for those who do get the power of prayer, say one for her little 13 year old brother suffering over the loss of what his parents say was "his best friend").

This morning, Milo was happy to go to preschool - got dressed - put on his back pack - ate a Rice Krispie Treat for breakfast (Milo is picky, so.. if that's how he wants his cereal, that's how he gets his cereal) - Enzo cried, thinking he was not going on a field trip with his friends (misunderstanding - they are all going next week - with either me or hubby as one of the chaperones) - though I am still basking in the glow of some one on one time with my Enzo last night, which is rare but so deserved (grabbed a burger & chocolate milk, shopped crafts at Michaels for big sis, Olivia - though got himself a "water squirter" - had fun in after school with his little buddies) - Olivia off to a great lacrosse season though rain may dampen practice today - had Terra Nova testing in school today so rushed out the door, extra snacks in hand (Balance Bars, peanut butter-filled pretzels, bottled water...). Sweet Lil is JUST up - teetering sleepily around the house, stuffed cats (her latest favorite companions) in her arms.

I'd like to share an easy, lowfat dinner recipe from last night - chicken quesadillas: Marinate chicken in lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic and cilantro (I do salt, pepper, citrus first then chop the garlic and cilantro into the olive oil before pouring over the chicken). Pan sear chicken (cook through). Put flour tortillas on baking sheet (oven preheated to 400 degrees) - sprinkle with lower fat cheddar or soy cheese - add sprinkle of balsamic vinegar, olive oil and Italian spices mix - add chicken (still warm)- more cheese - top with another tortilla- and... bake - flip a couple min. into baking time - DONE!

OK - so Lil on my lap now - cats and all (singing "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" at the top of her lungs, which I love :-).

In closing, I just want to say that I think Ben Roethlisberger and Tiger Woods should go out - would make a great couple. Gross - I think I just made myself sick.....

Photo: As I go to embark on a necessary shopping outing today with little ones, I am reminded of the day of the Christmas shows a couple of months ago (seems so long ago and yet not - know what I mean?) when me and little ones had some fun shopping at the Waterfront.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Not to bring you down further about the madness in the world, but a recent Columbus murder story that is so ridiculous: a woman fatally shot her 19-year-old cousin for wearing (what the host considered) inappropriate clothing to Easter dinner. The world is full of chaos...

Sherri said...

Crazy - it's like the Wild West lately...

Linda Pressman said...

I can't watch the news. It's like their gathering bad news from all over the world to scare me to death. I only see what I happen to see on the Internet. Otherwise I hide here with my nice blogger friends!

Love the pics!

Sherri said...

Good plan... to stay here with blogger friends.... we seem pretty safe (aside from an occasional rant or two ;-).