16 April 2010

Another silly list...

Grateful, today, for....

1. My kids' school and its close, nurturing environment (8th grader spent some industrious time on a science project last night - kindergartner has spring show practice today and a play date this afternoon - preschooler looking forward to a puppet making workshop and show next week....).

2. My gross, ugly, muddy, messy big pile of dirt out back because it will help us build our vegetable garden, plant our new cherry tree, and grow our grass on our play area.

3. Coffee - because it will get me through a busy morning with my toddler and preschooler, allow me to focus on my writing project, help me with my quick but now daily workout and keep going throughout the afternoon of play, laundry, yard work, letter writing, play room pick-up, photo organization, dinner making, etc.

4. Today - hate to admit it, but... Noggin and PBS - for giving my kids something educational to watch while I tackle my editing.

5. My health - and my family's health - because, despite aches and pains from overdoing it daily and wooziness from sleepness nights, I am healthy and strong and, aside from little things with the kids, etc., they are strong and healthy too. Too many times, we take this simple fact for granted.

4 comments:

Facie said...

I used to write down five things I was thanful for every day, which lasted probably a week. But it is good to do when you think about it.

TKW said...

Noggin and PBS have saved the day for me more times than I'd like to admit! Hey, sometimes you gotta get work done!

Kim said...

Ditto on the TV thing...at least they are learning from it like we did with Sesame Street. It looks like your blog is really picking up with the community of people you were looking for when you started! :)

Sherri said...

I know, Facie - I always try to do, at least a mental list a day, but... it's pretty sporadic, so... now and then... I write it down :-). And... thanks for the TV comments, guys... don't feel AS guilty ...