26 November 2010

We're predictable.


What did you guys do this day after Thanksgiving? This retail "Black Friday"?

We were, as I say earlier, pretty predictable - hung Christmas lights, cleaned the house, ate leftovers, listened to Christmas music in the car (I can't help it - Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad does take me back to nights driving back from my Grandma's house with my parents in the '70s :-). We did go to a family birthday party, so it felt like a continuation of Thanksgiving... Not sure what's on deck tomorrow - possibly breakfast with friends and / or bowling with friends, another b-day party, Olivia and friends playing football with the Central boys for a fundraiser in "The Turkey Bowl", drinks with friends late evening... All fun.

REALLY enjoyed my boys today. After a trying week of fighting, telling me I'm a "bad Mommy" for punishing them or sending them to bed, keeping this aura of general crankiness going for what seemed like forever..... we really bonded today - played outside, drew pictures, cuddled on the couch and watched movies (even the predictable day after Thanksgiving "Wizard of Oz") - so nice. They were even sad to see me head out on a pull-ups and breakfast food run to the store tonight. I always enjoy my girls too, but... the boys have been rough lately, and... this felt good today. All my angels :-).

Hubby has hijacked my computer lately, btw. Transferring all our old CDs to our computer - and... in the meantime, we are really walking down memory lane. Sitting next to me is a big pile of Smashing Pumpkins, REM, The Replacements, Weezer, Beastie Boys, 10,00 Maniacs and even like stuff we didn't know we had like Sade or Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, Sisters of Mercy, The Church, The Cranberries (yeah - you heard me right - remember all that?!?!). This week has been a total musical walk down memory lane (thanks to Chaos Theory and both a Dead Milkmen VINYL thread, AND an Erasure!!! thread - again, you heard me right) - even the soundtrack to the movie Singles (remember THAT, grundge fans???). Anyway... I may be absent off and on .... and, then again, maybe not. We'll see.

Photo: Milo helping with those aforementioned lights (through Daddy's legs - on a ladder....what were we thinking?).

No comments: