10 November 2010

Random musings...


... from someone so clearly still on hiatus ;-).

Pictured: Every time we leave Lil's morning out program, she asks, "Mommy, I pick the big flower?" It is a wilted pink rose - the last one of the season - right next to the front door. Each time, I say, "No, Nanna. Let's let others enjoy it too." and / or "It has sharp prickers; you can't pick it." She always pouts a little - tantrums a bit. Today, we compromised on a photo of her next to it. And... then .... she chose a variety of marigold tips, bits of a rotted log and a long branch to take with her instead. They all rode home with us in the car.

The totally random thing about this post????: This tidbit from Rachel Zoe.... fleecey suede short shorts paired with thigh high matching boots. I am just trying to imagine what people would say if I wore that out and about. Seriously. I mean, I'm not conservative, but...!!!! ..... and, really, those of you with a more "in your face" fashion sense, I defy you to find cause to wear winter stripper boots with... um.... winter short shorts???? Hmmmmm....

And... finally..... go to Land of Nod here to make a donation to a good cause - feeding hungry kids.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Just caught up on a bunch of posts. I have trouble keeping up with reading, as well as writing mine. I think it's funny (in an endearing way - I hope I do not offend) that you keep trying to take breaks from the blog but then post again. I think you are a blogging addict. Which is not a bad thing! Good luck with the home projects. Patrick just put tile down and replaced the vanity in our bathroom while I was at a conference. He now needs a few days and a massage to recover...!

Sherri said...

I am an addict - journaling addict - photo addict - blog addict..... Have been like this my whole life... Feel the need to disclose in a haphazard way :-). I am sorta on a break, though - my posts are snippets and don't make sense (not that they ever do).