09 December 2009

The tree is not trimmed....




... but I do have unsettling Scrooge-like visions of my hubby with a cane - herding the kids around the tree to do his bidding (bah humbug - string those lights) - and I have all the Halloween trick or treat bags out (had to dig through those to get to the tree trimmings - I'm sure hubby and kids thought I was making good on my threat to make everyday Halloween so witches like me can live freely - Can anyone say "The Nightmare Before Christmas" film festival?) - and have just sent my two boys to bed with sugary cereal and a few sips of iced green tea for a "snack" (?!?!?!). Anyway.... sitting by the lighted (not ornamented) tree, having had a semi-peaceful, warm and close evening with all the kids (for Olivia, this means, hopefully, that she is sitting in her room loving the peppermint hot chocolate with mini marshmellows that I made for her, watching Glee and thinking it doesn't get any better than this ;-).

Photos: Rare phone glimpses of any one on one time that me and / or Marcello get with the gang....

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think, more than any other, that top picture of Enzo shows how much he looks like you, Sherri. Must be the way his bangs are brushed to the side. And it's funny, our tree is up with lights, too, but no decorations. They've been in bins on our dining room table since Saturday. We think we'll get to that tomorrow night...