27 October 2009

I might be a little behind ...


... in cleaning the house, BLOGGING my mag, shopping ahead for frugal but tasty meals, getting a jump on Christmas shopping (oh yeah - I'm serious - I'm really becoming this domesticated and boring - this is what's important to me ;-), but.... I do KNOW one thing (or a couple....). After a chilly, sleepy, trying night in the hospital, it feels SO good to shower, put on my old plaid pj bottoms and college sweatshirt, bathe my poor little guy and put him in his cozy, favorite pjs (when we FINALLY got to our room at Children's, my little sweetie, who is usually a little combative but was so cooperative, scared but brave and just all around "good" all night, said softly, "Did you bring my pajamas, Mommy?" And - of course - I hadn't - had run out of the house with our jackets and shoes and one pull-up - which all looked so lonely and sad sitting on the chair in our empty hospital room), THEN... eat a big plate of pasta (or - for my little guy - pop some popcorn and let him indulge in his favorite ice cream with sprinkles or grab him some waffle fries on our ride HOME!!) and settle onto the couch or the "big bed" (our kids' word for Mommy and Daddy's bed, which they frequently visit :-) for a movie. We both slept so well once home :-).

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! That's a lot to deal with in the course of a few days. Who knew a 5-year-old could need a cardiologist? Geez. Glad all is back to "normal." Hope Milo is feeling better!