04 August 2009

The beauty of random musings...


In this spirit, I think I have to go back to my old "schedule". While I appreciate daily disciplines, I have to accept the fact that I am a random thinker - more prone to thinking, info gathering and analyzing before recording. I mean, my boys and I did a book this summer (early) and were successful in the endeavor because I had a distant hard deadline but.. within that... did not stress over who did what or what got done. The older one told the story - the younger one interpreted it in drawings - and I wrote it all down. The girls added finishing signatures and binding ideas (well - the older one did anyway - the youngest just scribbled a little and loved it).

So... one last "photo of the day" (which, hopefully, illustrates how when you're outside - doing, absorbing, experiencing people, nature - whatever - life is good - happy, wholesome, open, etc. - it's really just a ski photo but a very good day / memory) - after that, it will occur when the mood hits me. And... one last musing for the day :-). Former PETA girl that I am... I cannot bring myself to condone killing the mice that plague the right (or left - depending on how you look at it) side of our house (basement stairs, kitchen pantry, deck, etc.). They seem so intelligent, feisty and, yes, comfortable. How can I ruin that? I can't even bring myself to throw out the bucket of shells that has filled with water and now seems to be home to some tadpoles.

Anyway - off to get my little ones outside - play in our attic room - read some new books we've discovered.....

No comments: