11 September 2009

So are these really missed moments....


... or are they just wonderful little experiences that we need to thoroughly enjoy and commit to memory? I mean - my toddler was "jiggin' it" today (dancing), and.... the video camera was dead, so I took a series of very cute pictures that just didn't do it justice. And... everyday.... my new kindergartner walks to the car hand in hand with Daddy - that oversize back pack ever-present, and.. it is soooo sweet, and I took a million pictures this week, but... breakfast for the others, little ones who want to "go too" as the schoolkids leave the house and .... just early morning "stuff" prevents me from - again, like videotaping the whole experience. Then again - do I really want to? I mean, I'm justified in lamenting the fact that I sometimes miss my 13 year old getting ready for school dances with friends because they've chosen another friend's house in which to "primp" - and I'm justified in demanding the pictures that were taken before they were carpooled there (well... not demanding.....) - AND I am justified in wanting to take one embarrassing cheesey photo of her posing with Mommy and Daddy before she goes off somewhere all dressed up. But.... with the babies - the little ones - who seem to be that age for like a second - should we just cherish and hang out - not worry so much about documenting every little thing. I mean, to this day, I am happy viewing the shaky, on again / off again Christmas Pageant footage of my 13 year old back when she was 5, and... I thought I had done such a terrible job filming it - preserving it forever in memory. What does stick out to me from that night almost 8 years ago, was that I was so proud of her and.... just amazed that my little angel was happy and singing and so sweet.... that I had tears in my eyes and my heart was beating a mile a minute. THAT I remember. Off now..... games and walks with my little ones await.....

Oh - and the photo today.... just remember that day - that moment - SO clearly .... a year ago....

1 comment:

Kim said...

This has always been my excuse for being about 10 years behind on my albums...I am enjoying the moment! It is fun to watch those old movies, though.