21 September 2009

A little sad....


... packed up today to run some errands, and... did not have to pack a sippy cup, snack or change of clothes for my new little kindergartner....because he's not here - he's at school. I miss him. His 3 year old brother misses him. He has a gentle presence - loves to hang out - sit and drink hot chocolate with me on the porch - ride his "car car" or bike up and down the sidewalks and hills on long walks - and... well.... I miss that presence. I know he loves his new day, but... I'm sad that he won't sit and eat lunch with me anymore - or play a game with me mid-morning or ask me to watch Noggin with him over breakfast. A little era in our busy lives has ended.... So ... off we go... thinking about our missing buddy :-) - safe with his big sis at school.....

1 comment:

Surgeon In My Dreams said...

Mine are 33 and 28, but your words brought back memories.